Peter Stoll is a musician in Toronto, Canada, playing all sizes of the clarinet family and saxophone, for symphonic and opera orchestras, new music ensembles, and in freelance chamber concerts as well as solo recitals. He teaches privately, and at the Faculty of Music, University of Toronto, where, in addition to clarinet lessons, Peter coaches chamber music, teaches a woodwind performance class, and runs a course in the Business of Music.
Another side of his career is frequent music festival adjudication, and examining for The Royal Conservatory of Music. Peter has authored a number of recent articles for the International Clarinet Association journal and other publications, and was the chief compiler of the 2014 clarinet examination syllabus for the Conservatory; these are all available for reading and download here on the Publications page. This page also hosts a link to a published arrangement, and in time may expand to include some of his other arrangements, and cadenzas.
- Peter has been busy driving around southern Ontario as orchestras have restarted performances. It's so great to be back!
- Peter is much looking forward to performing as the Principal Clarinetist of the Ontario Philharmonic orchestra, for the spring 2022 season. Concert details are upcoming at https://www.ontariophil.ca/
- Just before the omicron wave shut everything down again, Toronto composer Parisa Sabet was able to complete recording at the CBC's Glenn Gould Studio of her chamber works for an upcoming disc, with Peter playing clarinet. Photos down below in Peter's Twitter feed, or on the Performances page of this website
- Depending on public health measures, it looks like this year will feature a mix of virtual and some in-person music festivals for students. Peter will be adjudicating at several around Ontario and across Canada. It is a strange feeling to be contemplating air travel for the first time in over 2 years!
- Peter enjoyed adjudicating some of the very impressive second round video performances for the Classicalia International Music Competition, from all around the world!
- Congratulations to Peter's private clarinet student Liam Brearley, who was accepted on audition to the Bachelor of Music program at York University!
- Congratulations to Peter's student at Saint Andrew's College Ijaaz Abdulla, for winning his audition for selection to the school's elite Wind Ensemble, after only 2 months of private study!
- Congratulations to Peter's UofT master's student Stephanie An, who was awarded the Moe Koffman and Carne H. Bray Memorial Award, through the Toronto Musicians Association!
- Congratulations to Peter's graduated UofT student Gennady Grebenchuk, who received ARCT diplomas in both clarinet & voice from the Royal Conservatory of Music!
- Congratulations to Peter’s UofT student Sarah Darragh, for winning a spot in both the 2021 Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute, and the Cumberland Clarinet Academy in the USA!
Tweets by peterstoll2000