Peter Stoll is a musician in Toronto, Canada, playing all sizes of the clarinet family and saxophone, for symphonic and opera orchestras, new music ensembles, and in freelance chamber concerts as well as solo recitals. He teaches privately, and at the Faculty of Music, University of Toronto, where, in addition to clarinet lessons, Peter coaches chamber music, teaches a woodwind performance class, and runs a course in the Business of Music.
Another side of his career is frequent music festival adjudication, and examining for The Royal Conservatory of Music. Peter has authored a number of recent articles for the International Clarinet Association journal and other publications, and was the chief compiler of the 2014 clarinet examination syllabus for the Conservatory; these are all available for reading and download here on the Publications page. This page also hosts a link to a published arrangement, and in time may expand to include some of his other arrangements, and cadenzas.
- In May Peter was again asked to speak on the International Clarinet Association’s “Silver Linings: Clarinet in the time of COVID” panel, about performance and education take-aways from the lock-downs
- As musical activities have adjusted their formats, Peter enjoyed adjudicating a number of online festivals in British Columbia, Manitoba and Ontario
- In August Peter will do the same for the upcoming National finals competition, his third time serving as the woodwinds adjudicator for the Federation of Canadian Music Festivals
- The Vaughan Academy of Music in Ontario created this cute thank-you video, after Peter worked with some of their woodwind students in an online master class: https://youtu.be/6wDiZhnfLaY
- Toronto composer Frank Horvat’s latest CD of solo (and 1 ensemble) pieces, “Music For Self-Isolation”, was released in April on the Centrediscs label. Peter played the jazzy solo clarinet piece: https://cmccanada.org/shop/cd-cmccd-28521
- Planning is underway for fall recording sessions of music by Ontario composer Parisa Sabet: musical performance is showing signs of returning to life!
- Congratulations to Peter's UofT master's student Stephanie An, who was awarded the Moe Koffman and Carne H. Bray Memorial Award, through the Toronto Musicians Association!
- Congratulations to Peter's graduated UofT student Gennady Grebenchuk, who received ARCT diplomas in both clarinet & voice from the Royal Conservatory of Music!
- Congratulations to Peter’s UofT student Sarah Darragh, for winning a spot in both the 2021 Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute, and the Cumberland Clarinet Academy in the USA!
- Congratulations to Peter’s UofT student Olivia van Alebeek, for winning a David & Marcia Beach Summer Study Award from the Faculty!
- Congratulations to Peter’s private high-school student Tom Tsang, for his Gold rating at the North York Music Festival!
Tweets by peterstoll2000